KASESE DISTRICT SERVICE COMMISSION
VACANCIES 21st DECEMBER 2016
Applications are invited from suitably qualified serving public officers to fill the following vacant posts that exist in Kasese Municipal Council.
Applications should be submitted in triplicate on PSF Forms 3(Revised 2008) to the Secretary District Service Commission P. O. Box 250, Kasese to reach not later than 9th January 2017 at 5:00pm
Application forms are obtainable from Chief Administrative Officers’ office, Secretaries of District Service Commissions or Public Service Commission in Kampala and the District Website. Handwritten applications with detailed curriculum vitae are also acceptable.
Applications should bear the title and Reference Number of the post applied for.
All applicants should route their applications through their Heads of Departments who should be informed of the closing date to avoid delay.
Applicants should attach to each of the three application forms or hand written application letters three (3) sets of certified photocopies of their academic certificates, testimonials and three (3) of their recent passport size photographs and appraisal forms of three subsequent years.
Applicants need to attach copies of letter(s) of appointment, confirmation and promotion if any, where applicable.
- Job Title : Deputy Head Teacher (Primary)
No. of posts : (05 vacancies)
Ref. : KSE/DSC/156/01/2016
Salary Scale : U5
Reports to : Head Teacher
Jo b Purpose
To direct, monitor and evaluate academic administration programs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To prepare schemes of work/lesson plans and teach students according to the set timetable;
- To assist the Head teacher in the overall administration and management of the school;
- To supervise the non-teaching and support staff;
- To ensure effective and efficient maintenance of records, material resources, facilities and
information services for efficient accountability;
- To enforce discipline in the school;
- To organize and assist in the management and implementation of the curriculum;
- To oversee and co-ordinate the general environmental maintenance and renovations at the school;
- To act as the minute secretary of the Management Committee;
- To co-ordinate periodic reviews of the school curriculum;
- To ensure integrity of internal and external exams administration and supervision;
- To prepare the academic plans, programmes and schedules ( time table) of the school; and
- To participate in the implementation of the Education Sector reforms related to primary education.
Minimum of a Diploma in Primary Education or the equivalent of this from recognized
Registered with the Ministry of Education and Sports
Must have attended at least three workshops/seminars and three short courses relevant to the
Minimum of twelve years teaching experience as a qualified Primary teacher, three of which
should have been at Senior Education Assistant level or two at Principal Education Assistant or
five years at Senior level with administrative responsibilities such as Head of Department, or Co
curricular activities etc.
District Service Commission/Kasese