External Serial No. 1/2017
KASESE DISTRICT SERVICE COMMISSION
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Ugandans to fill the following vacant posts that exist in Kasese District Local Government and Kisinga – Kagando town Council.
Applications should be submitted in triplicate on PSF Form 3 (Revised 2008) to the Secretary District Service Commission P.O. Box 250, Kasese to reach not later than 13th April 2017 at 5:00 pm.
Application forms are obtainable from the Chief Administrative Officer’s Office, Secretaries of District Service Commissions or the Public Service Commission and the District Website. Hand written applications with detailed curriculum vitae are also acceptable.
Applications should bear the title and Reference Number of the post applied
Applicants who are serving officers should route their applications through their Heads of Department who should be informed of the closing date to avoid delay
Applicants should attach to each of the three application forms or hand written application forms or hand written application letters three (3) sets of certified photocopies of their certified certificates, testimonials and three (3) of their recent passport size photographs.
Applicants need to attach copies of letter(s) of appointment, confirmation and promotion if any, where applicable.
VACANCIES EXISTING IN KASESE DISTRICT LOCAL GOVERNMENT
Job Title : Parish Chief (4 Vacancies)
Ref. : KSE/DSC/156/01/2017
Salary Scale : U5
Reports to : Sub County Chief
Job Purpose : To carry out the overall administration and management of a Parish Unit in the Local Government.
- Preparing and compiling reports on parish operations for the attention of the Sub-County Chief;
- Collecting and accounting for Local revenue in the Parish;
- Preparing work plans and budgets for the operations of the Parish;
- Enforcing the implementation of National and Local Government policies, programmes and Council bye-laws in the Parish;
- Undertaking the mobilization of the Parish Community for Government development
programmes and projects;
- Providing technical support to the Parish Council on any matters relating to lower Local Government governance
- Undertaking duties of Secretariat to the Parish Council;
- Managing and monitoring Local Government projects implemented in the Parish;
- Coordinating the maintenance of law and order in a parish.
- “A” Level Certificate from a recognised Institution.
- Diploma in Public Administration and Management or Social Work and Social
- Post basic training lasting not less than two (2) years in areas of education, environment and public administration will be an advantage.
- Job Title : Education Assistant (70 Vacancies)
Ref. : KSE/DSC/156/02/2017
Salary Scale : U7
Reports to : Senior Education Assistant
To teach, examine and assess learners’ progress on an on- going basis in order to ensure functional literacy, numeracy and basic communication skills.
- Prepare the schemes of work and lesson plans in line with the approved curriculum on termly and weekly basis;
- Conduct lessons and remedial work according to the set timetable;
- Participate in setting, administering and marking internal and external examinations;
- Carry out continuous assessment and evaluation of pupils performance;
- Prepare and select appropriate learning aids/materials for classroom teaching;
- Keep and maintain class records /inventory (Registers, records of work , progress reports and equipment);
- Guide and counsel pupils;
- Participate in class meetings;
- Serve as classroom teacher;
- Participate in co – curricula activities and community activities;
- Conduct any other duties assigned that are related to the profession.
- Must have a Grade III teaching Certificate from a recognised institution.
- Must be registered with Ministry of Education and Sports
- Job Title: Assistant Fisheries Officer (1 vacancy)
Job Title : Assistant Fisheries Officer
Ref : KSE/DSC/156/03/2017
Salary Scale : U5
Reports to : Sub County Chief/Fisheries Officer
To support the increase and sustenance of fish production from natural water bodies and fish farming in the sub county.
-Supervising fishing and fish processing activities
-Sensitising the fish folk on conserving fish diversity
-Collecting and compiling fish catch data and submit to the Fisheries Officer.
-Liaising with relevant officers in enforcement of fisheries regulations
-Inspecting fish at landing sites and markets
-Training the fish folk in improved fish farming practices
‘A’ level with a Diploma in Fisheries Management from a recognised institution
VACANCIES EXISTING IN KISINGA –KAGANDO TOWN COUNCIL
- Job Title : Town Clerk / Principal Township Officer (1 Vacancy)
Ref. : KSE/DSC/156/04/2017
Salary Scale : U2
Reports to : Town Council Chairperson LC III
Responsible for : Senior Assistant Town Clerk (Senior Township Officer – U3)
Senior Community Development Officer
Senior Commercial Officer
Town Engineer/ Senior Engineer
Principal Health Inspector
Senior Internal Auditor
Job Purpose : To manage and coordinate implementation of National Policies, programmes and Council by-laws forth development and general welfare of the Town Council.
- Managing and coordinating the implementation of national policies, regulations, programmes, projects and Council decisions in the Town Council;
- Providing technical advice to Council on administrative and legal matters pertaining to the management of the Town Council;
- Developing and coordinating plans and budgets for Council activities;
- Providing safe custody and accountability for resources, records and other facilities of the Council;
- Enhancing collaboration linkages with other Local Councils and organisations both within and outside the Town Council on matters pertaining to development;
- Assessing taxes and awarding licenses for operating business in the Town Council;
- Mobilising urban community for development purposes;
- Supporting physical planning for the Town Council and approving structural plans;
- Developing and maintaining infrastructure in the Town Council including roads and buildings.
- An Honors Bachelors Degree in Social Sciences, Development Studies, Social Work and Social Administration or Law or Commerce (Management option) or Business Administration(Management option) or Business Studies (Management option) or Management Science or Urban Planning and Management from a recognised University;
- Certificate in Administrative Law from a recognised institution.
- A Post Graduate Diploma in Public Administration and Management or Urban Planning and Management or Development Studies or Finance and Accounting from a recognized University/Institution.
- At least six (6) years of experience three of which should have been at the level of Senior Township Officer or Senior Assistant Town Clerk in Government or equivalent level of experience from a reputable organization;
- Job Title: Human Resource Officer (1 vacancy)
Salary Scale: U4
Reports to: Senior Human Resource Officer
A (i) An Honours Bachelors Degree in Human Resource Management; or
(ii) Social Science or Arts or Commerce or Business Administration with a recognized bias in HR field such as HRD or HRM or Organizational Development Studies;
- No work experience in the HRM fields is required, but may count as an added advantage;
-To implement MoPS and PSC guidelines/regulation/policies;
-To conduct Training Needs Assessment for staff;
-To compile data on manpower gaps;
-To implement staff welfare programs;
-To compile payroll management matter data;
-To maintain and update HR management information;
-To prepare submissions for pensions and gratuity;
-To implement performance management plans and activities
-To supervise and appraise junior staff within the HRM Division/Section/Unit
- Job Title : Senior Law Enforcement Officer (1 Vacancy)
Ref : KSE/DSC/156/06/2017
Salary Scale : U5
Reports to : Town Clerk
Responsible for: Law Enforcement Officer
Job Purpose : To maintain law and order in the Municipality
- Apprehending and prosecuting offenders;
- Protecting life and property of the community;
- Ensuring support to the revenue/tax collection personnel;
- Assisting staff during their inspection and arresting defaulters;
- Sensitizing the public about their role in combating crime.
- A Diploma in Law with formal training in policing and Criminal
Investigation activities from a recognised institution.
- Work Experience of six years in law enforcement activities.
Job Title : Town Agent (2 Vacancies)
Ref : KSE/DSC/156/07/2017
Salary Scale : U5
Reports to : Assistant Town Clerk
Job Purpose : To ensure that taxes are promptly paid and law and order maintained in the Ward.
- Mobilizing the population in the ward to meet their civic obligations;
- Collecting and assessing Taxes and Property rates;
- Maintaining law and order in the ward;
- Registering all businesses in the ward;
- Arbitrating in simple civil disputes;
- Enforcing population adherence to council policy on hygiene, sanitation and development;
- Performing duties as secretary to the ward;
- A Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE) from a recognised Institution or Ordinary level of Certificate plus a Diploma in Public Administration and Management or Social Work and Social Administration or Education or Community Development
- Job Title: Office Attendant (1 vacancy)
Salary Scale: U8
Reports to: Office Supervisor
-A Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) with a pass in English language
-Cleaning office premises and ensuring that the offices are properly locked;
-Collecting and delivering office items, documents, mail and parcels as instructed;
-Preparing and serving tea to officers;
-Undertaking any official errands outside the office as instructed by the supervisor
- Job Title : Senior Town Engineer
Ref: : KSE/DSC/156/08/2017
Salary Scale : U3
Reports to : Town Clerk
Responsible for : Senior Assistant Engineering Officer (Civil)
Senior Assistant Engineering Officer (Roads)
To assist the District engineer in executing engineering and technical works.
Providing technical advice.
Supervising engineering works.
Preparing work plans and budgets.
Preparing status reports on building and structural plans implementation
Should hold an Honours Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering from a recognized University or Institution.
Postgraduate Diploma in Construction Management from a recognized University/Institution.
At least three years of practical experience at the level of a Civil Engineer
- Job Title : Physical Planner
Ref: : KSE/DSC/156/09/2017
Salary Scale : U4
Reports To : Senior Land Management Officer/ Town Clerk
To undertake physical planning of towns and trading centres within the District and ensure that building plans Conform to the master plan.
-Planning towns and trading centres in the District.
-Guiding developers in processing proper building plans.
-Enforcing the Town and County Planning Act, 1964; and other relevant laws.
-Drawing the structural land use layout.
-Drawing site plans for plot (building) developments and processing their approval.
-Demarcating plots in towns/ trading centres.
-Inspecting structures/ buildings in town/ trading centres to ensure compliance with the land use plan.
-Maintaining the District planning information, equipment and records.
-Guiding District Authorities on balanced development.
An Honors Bachelors Degree in either Physical Planning; Regional Planning; Urban Planning or any other relevant qualification from a recognized training Institution.
Knowledge of computer software application packages specially Geographical Information Systems (G.I.S.) and Automated Computer Aided Design(AUTOCAD)
- Job Title : Senior Internal Auditor
Ref : KSE/DSC/156/10/2017
Salary Scale : U3
Reports to : Chaiperson LC III / Town Clerk
Responsible for : Internal Auditor
To pre-audit payments to ensure compliance with accounting principles and regulations; and monitor and examine financial operations to ensure value for money.
Operational financial and accounting systems reviewed to ensure efficiency;
Procurement and payment procedures audited to facilitate efficient and effective transactions of the Local Government;
Manpower audit carried out in line with the budgets and laws;
Stores Audit conducted for safe custody, efficiency and economic usage of resources;
Liaison with the Auditor General in Local Governments audits undertaken;
Annual and quarterly departmental work plans and budgets
Honours Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Auditing from a recognized University or Institution plus full professional qualifications in Accounting and Auditing from a recognized awarding Institution;
OR: full Professional qualifications in Accounting or Auditing from a recognized Institution plus a minimum of a Post graduate Diploma in financial Management or Auditing or Business administration from a recognized Institution
At least 3 years working experience at the level of an Internal Auditor in a public or reputable private Organization.
District Service Commission